The Philips HD9230 air fryer (also known as the Philips Viva Collection Digital airfryer) is almost a $100 more expensive than the Philips HD9220.
Read our review on the Philips HD9230 and find out if it’s worth the extra $$$!
In a hurry?
Philips Airfryer Rapid Air Technology
The HD9230 works with the same patented rapid air technology as the other Philips airfryers do: A heating element heats up the air, while a fan moves the hot air all around the food.
As a result your food will be crispy, moist, crunchy and evenly cooked. Any excess fat will drip on the bottom tray instead of ending up on your waistline, so you can see why the Philips HD9230 is a healthy alternative to a deep fryer.
In fact, the Philips Airfryer uses up to 75% less fat!
Philips HD9230 Airfryer Features
- food basket capacity of 1.8 pounds (Same as the HD9220)
- Digital controls (The HD9220 has a manual dial)
- Adjustable temperature 180°F to 390°F
- 60 minute timer with ready sound signal
- Automatic shut off
- Double layer metal rack (to cook 2 different foods at the same time)
- Crunchy fries made with 70% less fat
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Available in Black or White
- Dimensions 15.4 x 15.4 x 14.9 inches
- Cookbook with 25+ recipes included
- Non stick coated drawer
The HD9230 can be used to fry, grill, bake or roast food with little or no oil; usually a tablespoon or less. Most frozen foods have already been pre-cooked in oils, so they do not require any additional oil.
Fries, Chicken wings, hamburgers and even fish can be cooked using the HD9230.
You can also use it to grill vegetables like asparagus or peppers; all you need is a brush of oil for crunchy, crispy goodness!
The Philips AirFryer can also be used to reheat leftovers and it will still keep your crispy food crispy.
Aside from being healthier than a deep fryer you will also reduce cooking time. You will love cooking French fries or chicken wings in half the usual time required when using in the oven or a grill.
The Philips HD9230 can handle 1 bag of French fries. It’s larger brother, the Philips HD9240, has the capacity for 2 bags of French Fries.
Ease of Use
Preheat the air fryer by setting the temperature to 390 degrees for 3 minutes. Take out the basket, put in the food and put the basket back in the fryer.
Press the timer button and set the time and temperature as per your requirements.
It’s recommended to toss the food halfway through the cooking time for even cooking.
You can use the metal rack to cook 2 different foods at the same time. Example: Chicken wings and fries.
Note that the rack has no skewers.
Basically there are a lot of uses for the air fryer, only hampered by your own imagination. Any food you have baked, fried or grilled before can be cooked in the air fryer.
The airfryer comes with a recipe book which has over 25 recipes. That’s great to start with!
Take a look around YouTube if you need more inspiration.
Cleaning the Philips AirFryer
Like most air fryers, the HD9230 is easy to clean. Just remove the basket, the metal rack and the dripping tray and put them in the dishwasher.
Any stubborn bits left behind on hard to reach places can be removed with a small toothbrush.
The Philips HD9230 has an automatic shut-off feature to prevent the over cooking of food and overheating of the cooker.
The airfryer has non-slip feet at the bottom ensuring a stable position at the counter-top.
The Fryer’s hand-grips stay cool during use. However it is not locked in the device, so you need to be careful with little kids around!
The Philips HD9230 comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- Low fat cooking using little or no oil (up to 75% less fat)
- Automatic shut-off
- Fast cooking time
- Double layer rack to cook 2 different foods at the same time
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Food tastes great
- The cooking basket is relatively small – You either need to cook in batches or upgrade to the Philips HD9240 which has 30% larger capacity
- Relatively expensive. Check out the Della Air Fryers or the GoWise USA Air Fryers for much more budget friendly options.
- Does not handle floured foods very well. However, the airfryer can be used with wet battered foods.
The Bottom Line
The Philips Viva collection digital airfryer has been around for a few years and is still one of the bestselling air fryers today. It’s easy to use and, more importantly, the food tastes great!
If you’re that busy person who likes to eat healthy delicious food, but is to tired to cook after a hard day at work get this air fryer
It’s basically hands free cooking, meaning you can spend your time doing something else like relaxing after a hard day.