Gourmia mostly makes products for healthy cooking enthusiasts like myself. They have 4 types of air fryers of which we’re reviewing the GTA1500.
In a hurry?
The GTA1500 is a basic but versatile air fryer: It can be used for steaming, grilling, air sauteing, air frying and baking.
The air fryer is not a very large size, but it can still roast a Cornish hen.
Gourmia Air Fryer GTA1500 Features
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 13 x 12
- Non stick interior lining making it easy to clean
- 1300 Watt
- Timer delay up to 10 hours
- Temperature setting between 120F and 450F with 10’increments
- Comes with 5 accessories (see “What’s in the Box”further below)
- Cooks food up to 11 pounds
- Digital display menu with 8 functions:Turbo, roast, Fry, Bake, stir-fry, grill, BBQ and roll.
What’s In the Box?
- Turbo Air Fryer GTA1500
- Dual rack (can be used high/low)
- Fork (for whole chickens and large steaks)
- Food roller (for fries)
- Instruction manual (no recipes)
Using the Gourmia Air Fryer GTA1500
The Gourmia GTA1500 is easy to use. Place your food inside the bowl.
Choose your preferred cooking method and press start.
You will then be asked to set a time and temperature using the + and – buttons. That’s it, you’re good to go!
You can roast an average sized chicken in 30 minutes on the rotisserie or low rack. Add 5 minutes if the food is still frozen.
Frozen fries can be ready in 20 minutes and a pizza in 15 minutes.
Cleaning the Gourmia Air Fryer GTA1500
The Gourmia Air fryer is easy to clean using a damp cloth with warm water and soap after the unit has been unplugged and cooled down.
The bowl, baking tray and food roller are dishwasher safe.
- Versatile cooking thanks to the accessories (included)
- Cooks faster than a traditional oven
- Low fat healthy meals
- Can cook 2 different foods at the same time using the high/low rack (included)
- No cookbook, but Amazon sells a lot of air fryer cookbooks or find free recipes on the web
- A bit of a learning curve where the digital control panel is concerned
The Gourmia air fryer GTA1500 is good quality air fryer, which is easy to use, clean and sore. This would be very suitable for small households, students/dorm rooms and is ideal for vacation homes as it’s portable.
There are no recipes provided in the instructions manual or the site, but you can find plenty on the web which are well suited for this air fryer.