Philips has released their next generation of air fryers: The Philips Turbostar Airfyer. Currently 2 models are available: HD9621 (with analog controls like the HD9220) and HD9641 (with digital controls like the HD9230).
We’re reviewing the Philips Airfryer HD9641 and compare it to it’s predecessor the HD9230.
The Philips HD9641 uses Turbostar technology to fry food more evenly with less fat, even up to 70%. Philips promises that food will be “Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside” thanks to their Turbostar technology.
This new air fryer does not require preheating, is easier to clean and the dimension are smaller than the HD9230. However the basket capacity of this air fryer has remained the same leaving you with more counter-top space.
A new function the Philips Airfryer HD9641 has, is the keep warm function, which keeps your food warm for up to 30 minutes after cooking. Great for when your dinner companion is late!
Another great new feature of this air fryer is the Quick control dial which will make air-frying a snap!
Just turn the dial to set the desired temperature and click.
Turn the dial again to set the time and click again to start cooking!
- Uses Turbostar technology for evenly fried food
- 60 Minute timer
- 0.8 kg basket capacity
- Cool wall exterior
- Automatic shut-off and ready signal
- Keep warm function (up to 30 minutes)
- Includes recipe book
- Optional (free) App contains 200+recipes
- 4 preset cooking functions for frozen fries, meat, fish and chicken
- 1425 watt power
- QuickControl Dial makes it easy to use
- QuickClean Basket, so clean up takes less than 90 seconds
- Drawer and food basket are dishwasher safe
Hd9641 vs HD9230
If you already own the Philips Airfryer HD9230, you might be wondering if you need to trade in this “old” model for this new air fryer. The HD9641 Turbostar has several new functions and improvements compared to the HD9230
- Larger basket
- Keep warm function
- 4 preset functions for popular foods
HD9641 vs HD9240
If you’re the owner of a Philips Airfryer HD9240, you could be asking yourself if you should buy this new model.
The main reason for me to stick with my HD9240 would because of the basket size, which is 1.5 times larger as the HD9641 Turbostar. I do expect (and hope..) that Philips will release a larger Turbostar air fryer soon.
Other notable differences:
- The Turbostar weighs less than the XL Avance
- Power: Turbostar has 1425 watts vs 1750 for the XL Avance
Philips Airfryer HD9641 Accessories
Several accessories are compatible with the Philips HD9641:
- HD9925 Baking dish (check Amazon)
- HD9904 Double layer rack with skewers (check Amazon)
- HD9909 Muffin cups (Check Amazon)
- HD9940 Grill pan (Check Amazon)
Users love this new air fryer because it’s faster, quieter and easy to clean. Some praised the fact that it’s smaller yet still has a slightly larger basket capacity.
One user commented the crispy crust without the need for oil or breading and the fact that food was ready in 20 minutes.
- No preheat necessary
- Larger basket capacity
- Variable temperature settings
- Suitable for small households (2-3 persons)
- PTFE and PFOA free
- Manual is clear and thorough
- Quick and easy clean (less than 90 seconds!)
- The QuickControl dial makes it very easy to use the air fryer. Just dial and click.
- Not suitable for larger families
The Philips Airfryer HD9641 TurboStar makes a great buy for families consisting of 2-3 people. Frozen fries, chicken nuggets, drumsticks come out browned and crispy, while keeping moist on the inside.
Clean up is quick and easy!