The Black and Decker Air Fryer HF110SBD, also known as the Black and Decker PuriFry air fryer, is a revolutionary way to fry food with little or no oil. It uses a dual fan convection technology to circulate hot air around the food for a crispy, delicious result.
Read on for features, pros and cons, tips and tricks of the Black and Decker air fryer.
In a Rush?
Quick Content Links
Black and Decker Air Fryer HF110SBD Features
- Stainless steel, BPA-free basket
- Frying basket capacity of 2 liter/8 cups of food
- 2 control dials for temperature settings and timer
- 60 minute timer with auto shut off
- Temperature settings 175-400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions 11.5(L) x 11.5(W) x 13(H) inches
- Weight 12 lb
- 1200 watt
- Power indicator light
- Removable basket can be cleaned in the dishwasher
- Overheating protection
- Includes separator to cook 2 different foods at the same time
- The main unit with fryer basket and food separator
- Instruction manual
The instruction manual contains a total of 3 recipes. There is no separate recipe book available for the Black and Decker Air Fryer HF110SBD, but there are many air fryer recipes on the internet.
Alternatively, you can buy some great air fryer recipe books at Amazon.
Black and Decker PuriFry Air Fryer Review
The Black and Decker air fryer can be used to fry foods without the guilt. Foods you can fry with this air fryer include chicken nuggets, pizza rolls, onion rings (breaded), fries, baked potato, chicken wings and drumsticks, hamburgers, frozen dinner rolls and more.
Generally speaking, store bought frozen foods do not require any oil for cooking. Fresh potatoes however do need a tablespoon of oil to get the crispy results.
1 type of food this air fryer does not do well is fresh battered foods like fish or tempura. The circulating air causes the batter to splatter around in the air fryer.
The manual provides a handy chart overview of the quantities time and temperature needed for each food. The air fryer does need to be preheated for 3-5 minutes before use, so add these extra 3-5 minutes to the required cooking time of your favorite food.
The separator is very handy when you want cook 2 different foods in one go, say chicken nuggets and French fries. You just insert the separator in the center of the basket and add the foods to either side and set the timer and temperature.
In this case the nuggets would take less time than the french fries, so I would add the fries to the basket first for about 10 minutes and then add the nuggets for another 10 minutes. Shake the basket before adding the nuggets to optimize the end result.
When the cooking time has finished you will hear a timer bell to let you know it’s dinner time!
The Black and Decker Air Fryer HF110SBD comes with a few safety features such as non-slip feet, a cool touch handle and overheating protection.
Another safety feature is the automatic switch off when you remove the basket during cooking. The timer will continue countdown, but the air fryer will not cook, until the basket has been inserted (and “clicked”) into the main unit again.
A great advantage of any air fryer is the clean up afterwards. Since there’s no splatter of oil like with the deep fryer, the appliance will not get that greasy.
And cleaning really is a breeze:
- Make sure the device is turned off, unplugged and cooled down.
- Wipe down the base unit with a damp cloth
- The basket and pan can be cleansed with hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge
- The basket and separator can also be washed in a dishwasher
- Any stubborn residue can be removed by filling the pan with hot soapy water, putting the basket in the pan and letting it soak for 10 minutes.
- Great low fat alternative to the deep fryer
- Variable temperature settings
- 60 minute timer with auto shut off
- Non stick for easy peasy clean up
- Not suitable for foods with fresh batter (crumbed foods are fine)
- A bit small for larger families. Check out the Philips AirFryer HD9240 if you need more capacity.
There’s no doubt the Black and Decker Air Fryer HF110SBD does a good job at frying foods with little oil. Your food will get crispy and with a satisfying taste in a minimum of time.
Considering the features, the price and the quality of this device you’ll get great value for money.